Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Camp!!!

In the musical Oliver they sing "Food, glorious food...." and all I can think of is "Camp, glorious camp!!! I can't wait to get there! I love the stillness and quiet. I also Love the fact that I am forced to slow down. Once I get there, I don't NEED to go anywhere unless we are out of food. Of course this time I will be working on the courses, that should be fun to see me juggle. 5555555555 It is a cottage in the woods and if I remember I will take pictures of it. People keep asking me about it. It is cooler there because we are in the woods. I am normally chilly while others are thinking it is ok weather, but then IF it turns warm I'm happier and they are all exasperated because it is so HOT!!! I think I had my sweater off 1 day last summer and I was at the cottage for 2 & 1/2 months. We went out to get some more food to take to camp. I take stuff out every time I go, then I forget if it is here or there. I go to get something to eat and realize I bought it when I was there. Ugh! It is almost like Christmas unpacking all of the boxes of stuff that have been taken out there trip by trip, there was a list at one time of things that needed to be gotten and they were so the list was discarded. Then a new list was made of things that were thought of that need to go out there or need to be gotten, as they are gathered they are put aside and prepared for the next trip out. I always like to stay out there before camp starts so I can see what I forgot and make a run for it.
It is good to have the trip to Pittsburgh out of the way, but I would have loved to have gone to the Strip district to find the Thai grocery store. I will get there soon! I will be able to start the discussion board round-up tomorrow, too. Writing, writing, writing.......I feel attached to this lovely piece of equipment.
It was gratifying to be able to get the index and Dickens notes up. I think the 2nd one will be harder. Oh, but the end is in sight!! The hill may be steep, but I can see my new friend's faces cheering me on....my son is waiting for me...I can make it through!!

No comments:

Post a Comment